Interested in Molecular Profiling? Not sure where to start? We understand that receiving a cancer diagnosis and trying to navigate all of the treatment options can be overwhelming. We’re here to help simplify the process and share crucial information regarding personalized treatment options and cutting-edge technologies.
Molecular profiling technologies can be used to identify cancer biomarkers that are associated with response, lack of response, or resistance to certain treatments. As with any treatment plan, you and your doctor will need to work together to figure out what will work best for you. The following questions are designed to help guide your conversation with your healthcare provider.
Top 10 questions for your doctor – just to help get you started.
- Am I a candidate for molecular profiling?
- Is molecular profiling right for my cancer?
- If molecular profiling is right for me, what do I need to know?
- What biomarkers are generally associated with my cancer?
- What could molecular profiling or biomarker analysis tell me about my cancer?
- Will I need another biopsy or biopsies?
- What are the different types of molecular profiling technologies and what is the purpose of each?
- Who will perform my biomarker analysis?
- How long will it take to get the results back and what will you do with my results?
- Can molecular profiling help identify clinical trial opportunities for me?